In order to be considered for admission, each candidate must possess the following qualifications by the time they start school:
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a high school diploma, its equivalent, or pass an entrance test.
- Must possess a driver's license.
- Must possess a Department of Transportation physical in accordance with 391.41 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be drug tested in accordance with 382.301 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.